Thursday, May 13, 2010

Donuts and Skippo

Me after my donuts
Sue after her donuts

Gma after her donuts



Whenever Aunt Sue comes down to visit we (gma, sue, owen and i) ALWAYS play Skippo. It's tradition and well its INTENSE at times. Sue and I laugh and get a little loopy while Gma gets in a mood not a lot see- fiesty and hilarious- and my husband gets ANGRY if he is loosing but changes his mood dramatically if he wins to a very PROUD and HAPPY mood. Needless to say- its fun to play together...
We added a kick to our game the other night. DONUTS. oh geez. A whole DOZEN of them. Adding donuts to the game just made it that much more crazy.

*And Mark- I did record on camera a game of us playing the other night- you will have to watch it sometime--pretty funny!

4 comments:

emily said...

oooh boy, i'd love to be a fly on the wall to watch those games. or a fly on a donut--g-ma's maple bar looks to die for!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing these pics! I hope we can join you sometime soon!

emily said...

Mark says: Yes, I want to see the video. Yes, I want some donuts. Yes, that is a good tradition. And yes, your quip-like coverage of the gaming event is worthy of Pulitzer.

Ashley said...

Oh Juls that pic of you makes me laugh and miss you SO much!! ANd I want donuts! And SKipbo - I don't think I've ever played, but you make it sound so fun!

I MISS YOUR STINKIN GUTS!