Saturday, February 28, 2009

DONE!!!

37 weeks prego!

Dad and Ethan
Soccer game!

Done with teaching that is! For now at least... anyway it feels sooooo GOOD to be done with teaching- I am officially ready to nest and RELAX for the time I have left:) I had a great ending to my teaching yesterday. My kids have been planning a "surprise baby shower" I found out about it a couple of weeks ago when a few of my boys gave it away here or there. Anyway pretty funny- I still acted surprised for the girls. It was great- I left the room for a "meeting" and came back to 40 kids (my class and my friend's 3rd grade class) and some parents, cake, lots of food, and a load of presents! Seriously, I was sooo grateful for this shower! They really pulled it off and I came home with a loot of cuteness! I finally was on my way home after loading the car we just bought (Owen's grandpa's nice green machine cadillac) when i backed up and shattered a glass window of my school. Seriously? Typical. After fretting over that for a while and crying over it- I found out it will all be ok. It will be taken care of through the school and I just added a little character to our car...gosh. Anyway- whenever I leave a class of kids I have taught for a long period of time I start to realize just how much I love them and love teaching. I complain a lot about teaching. A little too much I think. But really, I love it. I come to love every kid I teach even though at times I would love to strangle them....it is still worth it. Children are so sweet. I just can't wait to raise one of my own!
So here are some pictures of yesterday and last weekend when my dad came down for business and play. It is always so great to have him come down so often!! On Saturday we were able to meet John and Brad's family at a park for a great day of play.
Nolen is due 2 weeks from today! Whoa-I'm gonna be a mom!





12 comments:

Angela said...

Juls you are adorable!! Pregnant ladies don't get much cuter than you!! Can't wait to see pictures of Nolen in a couple weeks!

Pomona Noltes said...

I'm so happy for you! Cute pics...but I really wish you would've included one of the smashed window! Don't sweat it...you're done!

Janel said...

I am so happy for you! I can't wait for you to be a mom, you are going to love it. You are so cute by the way! Relax lot's before you have little nolen.

Lindsay said...

What a sweet send-off from your class and co-workers...I'm sure they will miss you. The countdown is on! Nesting is so much fun-- get all those baby clothes washed, scrub out the fridge, vacuum the couch- you're set! Oh-- and if you need one, get a haircut NOW cuz you won't have time or want to leave the baby to get one later.

emily said...

that was a pretty sweet going-away present you gave your school--you should have cackled and peeled away like cruela deville.

just kidding . . .

i love that prego picture of you--you're going to do so great.

we're sending you and nolen good vibes for a great birth. since you haven't asked us to make predictions yet, i'm guessing he has some dark hair, will weigh 8lbs 3oz and will be gifted with your feet and smile. ;)

Cristine Garrison said...

AHHHHHH! your belly! so cute. your going to be a mom! i was looking through some of my dvds today and guess what popped up? Swing Kids. That will always be a classic Juls memory.

Allison said...

Hurray for you! It's probably so nice to be done and ready to hold Nolen as soon as you can. Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see pics of your little boy.

Anna Min said...

Ah! The things we do when we're pregnant. I remember jumping up and down in front of a department store door to get it to open, darn thing. A lady walked right up to it and pushed it open. No sensor. Yup.
Jumping. Seriously.
Anyway! You look amazing and beautiful and I'm so happy for you that you are DONE! I need to call you now:)

Ashley said...

you look SO adorable!!!! - I can't believe he's almost here!!!! SOOOO FUN!!!! You're gonna have to give me tips...;)

Unknown said...

You're so dang cute! I can't hardly stand it! I miss you! :)

Kari Cheney said...

Juls!! you look so great!! I can't believe you are almost a mommy! Sooo exciting! Can't wait to see the little guy :)

the speers said...

Juls!!! you are SO cute!!! have you had that baby yet??!!